Robert Gunderson purchased the Pairpoint Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts, in the late 1930s and operated it as the Gunderson Glass Works until his death in 1952. Operating as Gunderson-Pairpoint, the company continued for only five more years.
In the 1950s, the Gunderson Glass Company produced a wide range of reproduction glassware as well as its peachblow-type art glass shades from an opaque faint pink tint to a deep rose. Robert Bryden attempted a revival of the firm in 1970. He moved the manufacturing operations from the old Mount Washington plant in Boston back to New Bedford.
by Harry L. Rinker
“Official Price Guide to Collectibles”