Home > News, Articles & Multimedia > Blog Entry > A PEACEMAKER

A PEACEMAKER

by spannymnk@msn.com (05/09/08).

PAINTED BY MARCUS STONE R.A. ENGRAVED BY E GILBERT HESTER FROM THE ORIGINAL PICTURE EACHIBITED AT ROYAL ACCEMY LONDEN MARCH 1 1888 AUTHER LUCAS THE PROPRIETOR 31 THE PROFESSER NEW BOND R.W. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS? WAITING TO HEAR THANK YOU.

9 Responses to “A PEACEMAKER”

1. Bonnie says:

I have a copy of this print also. It is 28×20. I was told it was worth about 100 dollars. It is not an orig.

2. Mary says:

I also have a copy of this. It was in my grandmothers attic and my mother found it over 30 years ago there. There are at least 3 others that belong to this set. The three are currently handing in Saratoga, NY at a famous hotel there. While visiting this hotel I was amazed to see the collection. They tell a story. I have no idea what it is worth but it is in it’s original frame.

3. Tami says:

I also have a copy of this. it looks like it is very old and water spotted. it is in a very heavy ornate carved frame. I would like to know as much about this as possible. Thanks

4. Janine, Bucks County, PA says:

I too have a copy; same as above reply from Tami.

5. malek daou says:

my grand Grandfather have 2 one name is a peace maker and a haney moon and i think this is the original

6. We have “A Peacemaker” too – actual print area 29×17 – with frame 43″ x 32″ it was given to us over 30 years ago. It was in an old house that my inlaws bought over 50 years ago.

7. Hello,we have 2 Stone black and white too.They owned to our grandmother.One peacemaker and one honeymoon.Sure they are very old and were acquired in the first of last century.Up in the left there is written that they were attached to an english journal so I think that all them around the world are copies very old copies .They were bought in Rome .

8. Delcie Crumpler says:

Hi I have a copy my dear grandmother gave me her mother gave it to her when she marry my grandfather it is very old and its in a old frame I had it reframe about 5 years ago I would love to know how much it is worth my is in color

9. Terry McCarty says:

I actually own the original painting of Marcus Stone’s “The Peacemaker” that is signed and dated 1886 that I acquired in 1995. It has been appraised at $22,500