Current Job Opportunities at WorthPoint
WorthPoint, an Atlanta, GA-based company and one of the top Quantcast 350 websites, is an entrepreneurial organization that is forever changing the world of art, antiques and collectibles by providing users with extensive market data on their collectibles, along with professionals who offer valuable advice. With an experienced management team, unique business concept and a global reach, we are positioning ourselves for serious growth and seek exceptional people ready for this challenge.
The following listings are all full-time employment opportunities providing benefits and an opportunity to get involved with a growing, innovative company.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Are you looking for an opportunity that isn’t about maintaining someone else’s crappy code written in 1985?
- Are you looking for an opportunity where you’re not one of a hundred programmers working on some old IT application?
- Are you looking for a chance to be able to make an impact in every aspect of the business?
- Do you want to work with some of the best technologists in Atlanta?
We are looking for motivated and energetic developers that want to make a difference — we are one of the fastest growing and highest volume web sites focused on Antiques and Collectibles data – you will be able to immediately see the impact of the product innovations that you help create. We are building a suite of products and a platform for managing Antiques and Collectibles in a way that has never been done before. Come join our team and be part of this great success story.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with Java, MySQL, Postgres, Web frameworks, Velocity
- Experience with Web 2.0 technology such as AJAX, HTML5 and Rich Internet Client development, experience with Grails web framework is a major PLUS
- Capable of creating robust, reliable, clean and lean quality code
- Experience with dynamics language such as Groovy, Python or Ruby
- Solid database application experience and ORM
- Understanding of software architecture Object-oriented design patterns such as MVC, delegation, factory, facade, command etc.
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat.
- Web Service Experience with SOAP, REST, XML, Apache CXF development
- Familiar with Java web application development tools such as Ant, Eclipse, log4j, jUnit, SubVersion, GIT.
- Must be a team player, flexible, self-motivated and analytical with excellent communications skills, both oral and written – Can work on small teams in an Agile environment – scrum, unit testing, team goal-centric.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and high-pressure startup environment
- Willingness to continually face and overcome challenges and to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Want to have fun while doing these things
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if this sounds like you!