Company: WorthPoint Inc.
Job Type: Full time
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Educational Requirements: BS Computer Science or related field
Suite 435, Building 5
3525 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
● Are you looking to hone your DevOps skills on a high volume cloud platform?
● Are you looking for an opportunity in a small, high-growth company that has interesting products?
● Do you want to on a team where you help implement new technology and drive infrastructure innovation?
● Are you looking for a chance to be able to make an impact in every aspect of the business?
We are looking for motivated and energetic engineers and system administrators that want to make a difference. WorthPoint is one of the fastest-growing and highest-volume web sites focused on antiques and collectibles data and you can be part of building the architecture and infrastructure that keeps us growing.
We are building a suite of products and a platform for managing antiques and collectibles in a way that has never been done before. Come join our team and be part of this great success story!
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the creation, maintenance and operation of IT systems and technology resources at WorthPoint. He or she will help maintain high levels of system performance and availability for all current systems as well identify new technologies and tools to improve operations, efficiency, data delivery and security. In this role, the DevOps Engineer will work with many different parts of the WorthPoint team as well as directly with vendors.
● Work with company leadership to ensure successful development, deployment and implementation on all IT solutions;
● Manage technical infrastructure to maximize productivity and efficiency;
● Maintain integrity of datastores (NoSQL, SOLR, RDBMS), documents and custom software;
● Backups and disaster recovery planning;
● Understand business strategies and apply to all IT operations activities;
● Monitor critical systems, report and escalate failures;
● Infrastructure strategic growth planning;
● Manage entire infrastructure at a low-level consisting of Chef, Ubuntu, Amazon AWS, DNS, Tomcat, Apache, PostgreSQL, Solr and Squid.
Skills & Experience:
● BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired;
● 6+ years experience in relevant, positions managing enterprise applications and infrastructure;
● Experience in the development and/or infrastructure project life cycle: design, development, testing, deployment and operations;
● Experience with cloud infrastructure providers, deploying and managing software in the cloud (Amazon AWS is a huge plus);
● Experience with systems & applications monitoring such as CopperEgg (preferred), Nagios, New Relic or Cloudwatch;
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Attention to detail as well as big picture orientation;
● Shell scripting (bash) as well as working knowledge in some dynamic language such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Groovy (preferred);
● Operates independently with minimal guidance by management;
● Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis.
● Able to thrive in a fast-paced and high-growth start-up environment;
● Willingness to continually face and overcome challenges and to learn new skills and technologies;
● Can work on small teams in an Agile environment;
● Entrepreneurial spirit;
● Want to have fun while doing all these things!