Current Job Opportunities at WorthPoint
WorthPoint, an Atlanta, GA-based company and one of the top Quantcast 350 websites, is an entrepreneurial organization that is forever changing the world of art, antiques and collectibles by providing users with extensive market data on their collectibles, along with professionals who offer valuable advice. With an experienced management team, unique business concept and a global reach, we are positioning ourselves for serious growth and seek exceptional people ready for this challenge.
The following listings are all full-time employment opportunities providing benefits and an opportunity to get involved with a growing, innovative company.
Position: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Atlanta, GA
Educational Requirements: BS Computer Science, or related field/experience
Address: Suite 435, Building 5, 3525 Piedmont Road, Atlanta, GA 30305
● Are you looking to hone your DevOps skills on a high volume cloud platform?
● Are you looking for an opportunity in a small high-growth company that has interesting products?
● Do you want to be the lead for a team where you set technology direction and drive infrastructure innovation?
● Are you looking for a chance to be able to make an impact in every aspect of the business?
We are looking for motivated and energetic engineers and architects that want to make a difference. WorthPoint is one of the fastest growing and highest volume web sites focused on antiques and collectibles data — and you can be part of building the architecture that keeps us growing. We are building a suite of products and a platform for managing antiques and collectibles in a way that has never been done before. Come join our team and be part of this great success story!
The DevOps Tech Engineer will help maintain high levels of system performance and availability for all current systems as well identify new technologies and tools to improve operations, efficiency, data delivery, and security. In this role, the DevOps Tech Engineer will work with many different parts of the WorthPoint team as well as with the VP of Information Technology to engage and manage vendors.
● Work with team to develop and maintain all IT operational process and structures, then follow up to evaluate effectiveness.
● Work with IT leadership to ensure successful development, deployment, and ROI on all IT operation solutions.
● Manage technical resources to maximize productivity and efficiency.
● Maintain integrity of datastores (NoSQL, Search, RDBMS), documents, and custom software.
● Backups and disaster recovery planning.
● Monitor critical systems; report and escalate failures.
● Infrastructure strategic growth planning.
● Manage entire infrastructure at a low-level consisting of Chef, Ubuntu, Amazon AWS, DNS, Tomcat, Apache, PostgreSQL, Solr, and Squid.
Skills & Experience
● BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired.
● 8+ years experience in relevant, senior-level positions maintaining enterprise applications and infrastructure.
● Experience in the development and/or infrastructure project lifecycle: design, development, testing, deployment, and operations.
● Experience with cloud infrastructure providers, deploying and managing software in the cloud (Amazon AWS is a huge plus).
● Experience with systems & applications monitoring such as CopperEgg (preferred), Nagios, New Relic, or Cloudwatch.
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Attention to detail as well as big picture orientation.
● Shell scripting (bash) as well as working knowledge in some dynamic language such as Python, Ruby, Perl, or Groovy (preferred).
● Operates independently with minimal guidance by management.
● Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis.
● Able to thrive in a fast paced and high growth start-up environment.
● Willingness to continually face and overcome challenges and to learn new skills and technologies.
● Can work on small teams in an Agile environment.
● Entrepreneurial spirit.
● Want to have fun while doing all these things!