Start free trial

House of David porcelain

I have a Last Supper wall placque that is 14" X 6" overall. The characters are cream colored on a blue glass mirror type background. I would like an idea of the value of this piece. My Mother bought it over 50 years ago.

Hello, can you post some pictures of it, and a more detailed description, including where and when it was purchased? Do you see any signatures or marks on it, either on the front or back of it? Thanks!

I believe it was purchased at House of David. It has a red felt backing on it. I am a bit computer illiterate so can't really send a photo of it. I just know it has hung on the wall by the kitchen table since i was a kid and I am 69 years old. I also have a round ship piece that Mom gave us when we got married and we have been married 50 years this year.

I am computer illerate when it comes to sending photos from these sites. I can remember this being on the wall by our kitchen table since I was young living at home as a child and I am now 69 years old. On the back it has a red felt backing. it was purchased at the House of David in Benton Harbor I am sure because we lived near there in Berrien Springs. I also have a shiip in a circle (cutout) procelain placque that was given to me by Mother shortly after we were married and that was 50 years ago this June. It has a 3D sailing ship with 3 masts in a rope design frame around it but it is all one piece.

Ok, no worries, so I can't be all that specific but here is a comp from the Worthopedia that may give you some context for the value, it sort of sounds similar to yours.... House of David Blue Mirror Last Supper plaque art deco.

It sold for $66 dollars a few years ago, but no picture was available, sorry. It is described as, "This auction is for the shown plaster plaque on a blue mirror background, produced by 'House of David'. Fantastic re-creation of the Last Supper, nice detail and dimension. No chips, no cracks to either the plaster or the glass. Minor flaking of the finish on the plaster-one area visible in 2nd photo. Only minor signs of age to the mirror, tiny flaking of the blue around the edges-but the entire piece has a very nice, clean appearance. You will be pleased...guaranteed. Measures 16" x 10"

I do hope that this is helpful, and thank you for your inquiry.