Start free trial

Lady with Rolling Pin Teapot INFO NEEDED PLEASE

I have an antique teapot in the shape of an obese woman in a pink house dress and a white apron. She is holding a cup in her spout hand, and a rolling pin in the handle hand. Also, there is a cat at her feet. Her head is the cap. There are no markings anywhere on it that I can see. This teapot has been in the family for a very long time, and handed down from my grandmother. I have not been able to find it, and am very interested to know what we have here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me put an expert on it for you. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie151 View Post
    I have an antique teapot in the shape of an obese woman in a pink house dress and a white apron. She is holding a cup in her spout hand, and a rolling pin in the handle hand. Also, there is a cat at her feet. Her head is the cap. There are no markings anywhere on it that I can see. This teapot has been in the family for a very long time, and handed down from my grandmother. I have not been able to find it, and am very interested to know what we have here.

Based on the images it's unlikely this teapot predates World War Two. Examples with no markings quite often had paper or foil labels and originated from Japan or Taiwan. Noveltry teapots of this type generally date from the late 1920's through the 1950's.

Okay, thanks a bunch!

Well, I'm not sure how long my Grandmother had it. but she was born in 1910, so it is possible she had it prior or during World War 2 which was 1939-45. One example of the teapot I did find with a different color dress said it was from Japan according to the owner. Also, if it is that old, it's very possible that the label(if there were any) had dried up and came off some time ago. I have seen that happen to labels before.

Anyways, please let me know if you're able to find anything else out. I am still trying to research it here too, and currently am waiting for 3 books on the subject to come in to my library that I requested.
    Last edited by Paulie151; 01-14-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: typo

Ok, also post any additional information on it that you come across as well.