Start free trial

Any idea what it is worth? Ugo Zaccagnini Lamp

Hi, Does any body know what this lamp is worth? From the research I've done, the markings indicate it was made sometime between 1905 and 1937 by Ugo Zaccagnini. Of course, I always seem to find the "rare" items that you can't find any where! Thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lynn Rosack
    I believe this particular FUMZ logo was used during the years 1937 to late 1950s. From looking at the type of electrical cord and hardware on your lamp it would appear to have been made towards the end of that era.

This site has information on Italian Pottery Marks: Italian Pottery Marks • View topic - History of the Ugo Zaccagnini Factory

And here are some results for Ugo Zaccagnini Lamp from the Worthopedia Price Guide:
    Ugo Zaccagnini lamp - page 1 | WorthPoint

Thanks, I found a website that has an article on Ugo Zaccagnini and it says this pottery mark was actually from 1905-1937 when he was in business with his children. I think that's why I'm having a hard time comparing it since most of the ones I find are from 1937-50. Here's the link in case anybody else want to read about Ugo Z.
    Italian Pottery Marks • View topic - History of the Ugo Zaccagnini Factory

Lynn Rosack
    You're correct on the dates, 1905-1937 according to that website.
    I still think the hardware and wiring on your lamp will provide the best clues as to age (unless it was renovated and rewired).
    Good luck in your research!

Your probably right on the hardware. The harp doesn't sit just right. I guess I'll just keep looking. Thanks!