Start free trial

Ovington's Fifth Avenue "Delight" pattern--

M1420003.jpgM1420004.jpg
    I have an incomplete set of Ovington's Fifth Avenue "Delight" pattern china. After searching the web for several days, I've failed to find one piece, either available or sold. I have no idea the value of this set. Only one site (replacements) has a photo available of a dinner plate. They have no pieces available and declined to buy any of those that I have. They did not give me any clue as to what the value on the set may be. All I can deduce is that this set is post 1920's as that is when Ovington Brothers, or Bros., became Ovington's. I have dessert plates, fruit/sauce bowls, soup bowls, saucers, two serving platters and a tureen. The dinner plates and tea cups are missing from the set. It is a setting for 12. Sincere thanks for any help you can offer!
    Last edited by 4wendybird; 05-30-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: to include photos

Happy to help. Are you looking to complete the set, value a complete set, or value what you have now? Please post a photo ASAP so we are all sure of what you are talking about here.

Thanks for the reply. I added 2 photos to my original post. I very much like the set and would like to add the missing dinner plates and tea cups (12 each), but I am thinking that since I cannot find one single piece of this set anywhere, if anything is found it will likely be too costly. I am also wondering what kind of value could be placed on the set, in its current state of missing pieces or if it were complete. I am also going to put out a want ad in the city where I bought the set. I appreciate any advice you can offer!
    Last edited by 4wendybird; 05-30-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks - I will have an expert take a look!

Based on the images and the marking I'd have to say this set is fairly modern as these dinner services go. Ovington's is not actually a maker of china, it actually a Gift shop that sold sets like this with their name stamped on it. We do know that some of their china was made for them by the American Limoges china company, sets like yours with "warranted Gold " markings generally post date World War Two.