Start free trial

Bavaria Tea Set question

We have a Bavarian tea set with tea pot, creamer and 4 cups and saucers. I am attaching a picture of the mark that's on the bottom of the pieces, looks like a E C W with the crown above it. Any help identifying this maker would be greatly appreciated. Sorry forgot to take a picture of the set itself. It is a light green with some black edging and the finish is iridescent.
    Thanks!!
    Susan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Could you please send along some photos of the set, including a brief description and measurements, and I can have someone take a look for you. Thanks!

Thanks Rebekah, I will take some measurements and reply back Round Top-20120917-00397.jpg

Based on the images this set dates from the first quarter of the 20th Century. The marking on it was used by Porzellanfabrik Eduard Haberländer from 1913 until 1929. Production started in 1916 and was restricted to staple commodities, the product range was cheap and simple tableware. Values for these sets are still very modest, they turn up from time to time on Ebay.

Thanks so much for the information! I haven't been able to find any that look exactly like this set. When you say modest what might a range be? It is a 16 piece set.
    Last edited by kielgoose@hughes.net; 09-23-2012 at 11:46 AM.

A modest set may sell for a few hundred dollars.