Start free trial

vintage 1950's horse t.v. lamp - need identification help

Hi!
    Can anyone tell me who produced the horse t.v. lamp that I've attached pictures of? And do you have any idea how much it might be worth?

I've looked thru I don't know how many guidebooks (Warman's, etc) for Hull, Weller, McCoy & so forth, but can't find anything like this.

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you see any marks or signatures on the bottom or sides? Can you send the dimension? Thank you!

No marks or signatures anywhere. There's a "caution" label on the bottom (to use a low watt bulb in it).
    It measures 17 inches high by 17-1/2 inches long and 6-3/8 inches deep.
    Thanks!

It appears that some of the major manufacturers of these items included Gonder, Lane and Co., and Maddux. Lane and Co. used a paper label so it is possible that there was one on yours and it fell off. Lamps like these seem to sell in the $25-100 range these days.

Have no idea who made it, but what a neat piece! Lisa

Those of us who grew up in the 1950s & 1960s will definitely remember the TV Lamp!

This website tvlamps.net will answer any question anyone has ever had regarding TV Lamps! There is even a page illustrating Horse TV Lamps; several of the lamps shown are very close in design to yours. This website also provides a listing of over 100 companies that made these unique lamps. The main page has the current eBay Auctions for TV lamps which will provide insight as to what's available for sale and the pricing in today's market.

Personally, my favorite TV Lamps are of the Motion variety. Due to their construction it's harder to find these lamps in near fine condition and still working.
    Last edited by lrosack; 04-01-2013 at 06:19 PM.