Start free trial

Possibile Arnalt Figure-Possible Fake... Please help

Hello-I have a really BEAUTIFUL piece of bisque (I believe that's what you would call it as it does not have a shine). It's a vase with 2 children on it. One is on a swing and it looks like there might have been string strung through it as there are a few small holes in it.
    The markings, once I look them up, appear to be some of the most faked marks known in the pottery business so now I am not getting my hopes up. Anyhow.. The mark on the bottom is of 2 crossed arrows, each with 3 'feathers' on it. They are blue. Underneath that, from what I can tell, are the numbers 745 (pretty clear) and then an "8" or a "B," (not so clear)
    There is a LOT of detail on this and it's very delicate. If it's a fake (pretty sure it is..) then it's a good one!
    Oh well. One can hope.
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I would love to pay for an appraisal but my husband just lost his job and I have been making some extra money selling on EBay. Not making enough just yet to do that as every little PENNY makes a BIG difference now.
    Thank you in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me get an expert on it. Stay tuned!

Hello,
    Nice piece.
    Just a comment on terminology.
    Bisque refers to formed pieces that have been fired to about 900C and will be fired again to their final temperature. Your piece, since it has color, is probably a piece of porcelain fired to 1,300C or so. If you flick it with your finger and there is a hard, ping type sound it has probably been fired to the higher temperature. If it feels soft it may have only been fired to the bisque temperature, had the color applied, and was going to be fired the the final temp.
    Dave

The mark is either Arnart or Lefton at one time there was probably a foil label on the bottom.

These marks look very similar to Homco marks. See google on homco marking. Lynda

Based on the marking my money would be on Arnart, it's basically a fake Kalk company porcelain marking. They made huge numbers of these 19th Century style porcelain figures, the figures themselves resembling Hummels ;~)