Start free trial

Smile Need help with artist

I am attaching photo of oil painting & close up of artist signature that I cannot make out. Any idea who it might be?? Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you have any history on the piece - perhaps where or when you got it? Are there any marks or stickers or other information on the frame, or the back side of the piece?

Quote Originally Posted by RebekahK View Post
    Do you have any history on the piece - perhaps where or when you got it? Are there any marks or stickers or other information on the frame, or the back side of the piece?
    Sorry no other info...I inherited it from my brother.

Sorry to say, but I am unable to read it either.....
    Sometimes you can use a mirror and recognize the letters in reverse. Sounds crazy but worth a try. Also using a backlight will help read a signature.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Maggie Turnipseed; 06-14-2011 at 11:50 AM.

I think you'll find that even if you could read the signature the odds of finding out much might be slim. Paintings like this tend to Decorator pieces sold by traveling "Starving Artist" shows in Hotel conference centers. The paintings themselves are bought wholesale from largely unknown Artists who paint them to order in multiples of the same theme for the Wholesaler.