Start free trial

Question Lionel Percy Smythe - Haymaking (original)

Hello there.
    I have spent the previous 3 hours browsing the net trying to find som information about the artist Lionel Percys Smythes painting Haymaker (or Haymaking). I was curious to get a grip of the value, but I can't seem to find any information or even a picture of the painting. The one I'm talking about is this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
    But not the newspaper sketch, I'm interested in the original oil painting. Anyone have any information about that one, price history or whatever?
    Thanks in advance

Hello, has it sold at auction in the past? Is it in a private collection or a museum?

percy.jpgThe closest thing I could find was this black and white picture which sold for GBP 2,500 at Bonhams in 2003.

The most recent sale of this artist I could find was this more colorful painting (which also includes some hay) which sold for $2000 at Bonham's in 2011.

colorful percy.jpg

Thanks for aswering! It hasn't sold in auction for at least the last 30 years, and is in a private collection för the moment.

It seems a bit hard to even find information about this artists work on the net, complete catalouge and stuff like that, so any help or pointings in right directions would be appreciated.