Start free trial

New member needs feedback on Arabian Garden print (Lambert lithograph?

This is a framed and matted print about 8-1/2 x 14. hand written in left lower corner Arabian Gardens, and in right hand signed Lambert. Some watr damage to matt, but print itself has no damage. I have examed with a magnifying glass and see no dots. Would this most likely be a lithograph? my scanner isn't large enough to copy in one shot. So I have coped each half separately. Nice wooden frame with no damage. This identical print is currently listed on ebay for $150.00. Any feedback would be appreciated.

thank you. Annette
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for your posting - let me get an expert on this. Stay tuned!

Hard to tell from such small images, generally if there is a pressed border around the image it's an etching, without a pressed border it could be a lithograph, or any other variety of print. The problem is though that with pieces like this they really require an out of the frame physical examination of the print by an appraiser to really determine what you have.

thank you for your response. I have examined the print out of the frame myself. I find no indication of a pressed border. I will try to find an appraiser in my area (Middleboro, Ma) who might be able to help me.

Again, I appreciate your help very much.

Annette

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoy View Post
    Hard to tell from such small images, generally if there is a pressed border around the image it's an etching, without a pressed border it could be a lithograph, or any other variety of print. The problem is though that with pieces like this they really require an out of the frame physical examination of the print by an appraiser to really determine what you have.