Start free trial
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks a lot for the info! I actually have the book that you found Thomas Garret Lodge in, but that is exciting news that the experts can help! I am searching for genealogy information, and have collected a lot- scouring the internet and physically trolling the Philadelphia Archives.

I recently found the grave of Joseph Evans Lodge at Mount Moriah (now abandoned) in West Philadelphia. Was surprised to see the engraving of a horse- He was a Civil war soldier in the Pennsylvania Calvary, wounded in battle, discharged and shortly after died. The CDV is the only known image of J Evans Lodge.
    Last edited by davlodge@gmail.com; 03-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.

How interesting, David. Yes, there's much information on the Internet for those willing to do the detective work! Good luck in your research. As for this particular eBay auction, it's unfortunate the original auction photo is no longer available; and not knowing the name of the Seller makes it harder to research. However, the fact that you've announced online that you're searching for this particular CDV may eventually lead to success. If I learn anything else I'll post here.

A few links at the National Park Service, which has a Search Engine for soldiers and sailors:

Regiment Details -

Search For Soldiers -

Soldier Details -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12