Start free trial

Kittinger Chest of Drawers donated to Habitat for Humanity

Once again, the generosity of our donors blows me away. I had not heard of Kittinger furniture before but we had a chest of drawers donated to us today and it is really beautiful. I looked all over the internet and the Kittinger website but could not find a picture of it. I think the gentleman said he paid over $10,000 for it when he bought it but that seems really too high. I have pictures of the front, the inside of the drawer and the label on the back of the chest. I think some of these more expensive antiques might need to be sold through the classifieds or something like that rather than on the store floor. The people that come through our store are from all economic backgrounds. We have Haitian immigrants living below the poverty level shopping right next to millionaires from Martha's Vineyards. I'm sure we can probably sell it, it might just take a little while. If anyone can give me any information about this piece I would really appreciate it!

We have other antique pieces that have these weird single letters and numbers imprinted onto the back of the chest. What are they for?

Thanks,
    Yvonne
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yvonnegarza; 03-13-2012 at 07:53 AM.

I have someone on it!

Thank You!

Kittinger made some very good quality furniture, much of it like this piece in Chippendale, American Federal and American Colonial styles. This one is based on Chippendale chests made before the Revolution. I've seen this same chest sell at auction for close to $3300.00, Kittinger chests in most sorts of early American styles seldom sell below a $1000.00, even at auction.