Start free trial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

100+ year old brandy

I found an unopened, still sealed Fred J. Harding bottle of premiere brandy in an old storage box from my grandparents house. now that they are deceased I have come in possession of the bottle and would like to see if anyone could help me find out how much it is or if they could lead me in the correct direction to finding someone who is. It is a 32 oz. bottle of Harding's premier brandy made by Fred J Harding of Utica NY. the orginial sticker, seal and cap are still on.

It would be very helpful if you can post a photo of the bottle . We would like to be able to read the lable.

Snapshot_20110626_3.jpgSnapshot_20110626_2.jpgSnapshot_20110626.jpgSnapshot_20110626_1.jpghere are various views of the label and the sealed top. if you need anything else just ask me

Quick question. Is the bottle dusty? Or is there a film on the interior of the bottle?
    Also I cannot see the where the level of the brandy is in the bottle.

the bottle seems to have some dust on the outside of the bottle that I cannot get off though i obviously havent tried washing it off for fear of the label coming off. I will post a picture with the level of brandy in the bottle and I do not see a film on the inside of the bottle.Snapshot_20110627.jpg

quick note. thats not dust on the outside but some dirt i believe that has collected on the outside of the bottle from the lack of handling

Don't give up on me..... I am researching.....

its quite alright take your time. i appreciate your helping me with this difficult find.

Lynn Rosack
    I've heard that, with older bottles, the label and/or the glass bottle itself are sometimes of more value than the contents.

The Worthopedia has information on an old Harding liquor bottle (it sold for $19.99), but it's flask shaped, the glass is tinted and it's embossed with the company's name.

The glass of your bottle appears to be clear and smooth, correct? Also, you mentioned that this is a 100+ year old bottle. What is that age estimate based on?
    Last edited by Lynn Rosack; 07-12-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Brandy bottle

Hi there... Lynn notified me that this question was posted; I've been out of town and just now can respond.

Based on what I can see in the images, the bottle itself (i.e., without contents) would be of nominal value...maybe $10-$20 with the labels...since it is not embossed and appears to be machine-made. However, with the original sealed contents, the bottle is probably worth 10 times that price due to the interest of many collectors in "antique liquor."

Bill Lindsey - Historic Glass Bottle Identification & Information Website
    Historic Bottle Worthologist

bottlegroupverysmall.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast