Start free trial

Question Depression Glass- who made it??

This is a plate I found in my late sister's house. I remember she told me once it was very old and thought it was quite valuable. Any idea when it was made and who made it? The design on the top & bottom of the plate look to me like Civil War timeframe but I really have no real idea. I would like to sell this plate and would like to know some sort of vlaue . There are 2 chips on the back side of the plate on rim--one at 12 o clock and one at 8 o clock-- the front of rim is not chipped just slice-like pieces off the back. The plate measures 6.7/8" to be exact.
    Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clockman; 07-14-2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: added picture

The pattern was probably made by Bryce Brithers. The pattern is known by several names , 'wheat & barley',"Dusquene" and , 'Oat & Barley " The pattern dates from the 1880's. and is a EAPG glass (Early American Pattern Glass).

Am I seeing a couple of chips on the edge og the glass? What does the plate measure?
    Size and condition are very important .
    Last edited by Maggie Turnipseed; 07-13-2011 at 06:40 PM.

The color is just beautiful!

The plate measures 7" & yes there are 2 small chips --one at "12 oclock" (about the size of a tip of my thumb) and a another at "9" a much smaller one. Can add more pictures if that will help.