Start free trial
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Pyrex ground glass stopper

    I have an assortment of vintage glass reagent bottles I'm preparing to sell, and I need to know how to describe them accurately. Some have "pennyhead" stoppers, some have "flathead stoppers," and some have "dropper stoppers," but I'm stuck on what to call a fourth type of stopper, which is only on the Pyrex bottles. They look like this one:

    Does anyone know if this type of stopper has a name?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Stay tuned! Let me get an expert on this!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    I've always referred to these as "Thumb twist" or "Flange" stoppers, but have not seen very many of them referred to in any way other than just "Stopper".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts