Start free trial

Arrow Very large Higgins bottle?

I just acquired a very large Higgins bottle. Super nice with lots of colors.

I have 2 issues though: 1) I can not determine if the tin little bubbles in it are a defect or are a "natural" part of that glass making process? 2) I can not find this piece any place and thus have no idea of the value!?

Lastly, it is my understanding that since Michael Higgins recently passed away that these pieces may now be worth more than they used to be?

Can anyone help?

Can you post a photo of the piece and a close up shot of the bubbles?

Come to find out that the bubbles are not an issue and are just a natural part of the piece.

However, now I am having trouble figuring out if this comes from "the" Higgins glass factor because I called them and they do not recall ever making a vase that big. They say that it is a common last name and as such there is nothing stopping another person named Higgins from producing their own glass works. If that is the case(?) of course the value of this would be much lower or on the side of little to no value at all.

I have noticed that if you buy pedestrian glass that it has little to no value at all.

Let me get our glass expert to weigh in on this for you. Stay tuned!