Start free trial

Mystery marks on my gold bracelet

I have this really lovely solid 18k gold bracelet that was my mothers. There are four strands of gold made up of little squares and etched.  THere is a decorated clasp with 14 sapphires in the clasp and some marks on the back that I don't understand.  It has "750" for 18k, and then there is a star embossed into the back of the clasp just above the 750, and just above the star, "86 VI" in a sort of oblong with pooched out sides. It is 28.8g, 7 3/8 inches x 1/2inch.  Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks, Tracy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by diamond96712; 10-22-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: correct a mistake

Many thanks! Let me get an expert on this for you.

This bracelet is a "transitional" piece, meaning it was made between the Art Deco and Retro era 1940 to mid 1950's. During this time bold and heavy pieces were becoming more fashionable and there was even a revival of the Victorian era as is inspired in this piece. Without seeing the marks you are describing I would suggest that they have to do with the makers .
    Hope this helps
    Maggie

Many thanks Maggie, that's way more than I knew before. I'll try to get a picture of the other marks and post it.
    Tracy

Here is the back of the bracelet18kbraceletback 002.jpg