Start free trial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking HELP!!!! Need info on Maria Loran Jewelry

I have 12 items marked LORAN. I can't find any information or value of them anywhere. They appear to be hair barrettes as they have a clamp on the back. The design is fruit with a frosted glass appearance. Each piece has small colored stones in the stems. A list of what I have is as follows!
    4 blue/green strawberries with green stones on the stems.
    1 red strawberry with red stones on the stems
    4 orange color pineapples with green stones on the stems
    2 yellow color pineapples with green stones on the stems
    2 yellow color lemons with yellow stones on the stems
    1 grape with multi colors of yellow, red, green and red stones on the stems.

This 1997 trademark was filed by Maria Rivero-Loran.

Here is a LinkedIn overview of Maria C Rivero. Specific to your jewelry, it mentions:
    "Owned my own company for 15 years which was started from the ground up and received noteworthy press in WWD, Italian Vogue Magazine, Accessories, Teen People, In-Style, Your Prom and the New York Times. All designs were signed and copywrited under the name "Loran" my previous last name."

Finally, the Worthopedia has several recorded sales of Maria Loran items; are any of these similar to yours? Those with clamps may actually be clip-on earrings.
    Last edited by lrosack; 09-07-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Thank you so much for your reply! The clamps attach like a hair barrett would clamp. The design of the clamp snaps onto a small prong. It looks more like hair jewelry barretts. The way it is made it could not be clip on earrings. The fruit items I have seen on e-Bay for hair all have a comb attached to them. I have seen fruit items on e-Bay which are brooches. But, I have not found any that clamp like a hair barrett.

If you're a jewelry collector, there's a group Costume Jewelry Collectors International that may include fans of Maria Loran jewelry. Good luck! PS: could you share a photo with us? I'd like to see one of these barrettes, front & back.
    Last edited by lrosack; 09-07-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Here are some pictures as requested of the Maria Loran vintage hair clips. I can't find these items any where and need to know their value.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have 12 of the LORAN hair barrettes. I think they are part of Maria Loran's "Fantasy Fruit Collection" I have searched everywhere for info regarding these items and have found brooches with a similar design. But cannot find anything on these items.034.jpg037.jpg041.jpg048.jpg063.jpg

Here are photos of all 12 LORAN jewelry items I have. I have searched everywhere for items that are like these hair clips. All I have found are Loran fruit brooches, or clip on earrings. I think I'm the only person in the world who has these items. As I certainly have searched EVERYWHERE FOR THESE ITEMS THAT LOOK LIKE HAIR CLIPS OR BARRETTES!IMG_2778.jpgIMG_2781.jpgIMG_2779.jpgIMG_2779.jpg OOP'S I JUST COUNTED THEM AND HAVE 14 OF THESE ITEMS NOT 12. I SURE HOPE SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME A VALUE ON THESE ITEMS AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW RARE THEY ARE.
    Last edited by wil_she_win@yahoo.com; 09-09-2013 at 08:03 AM.

I have taken a photo of all items and I have 14 of them not 12 as I had previously stated. I sure hope someone knows the value of these items and can tell me how rare they are.IMG_2781.jpgIMG_2780.jpgIMG_2779.jpgIMG_2779.jpg

Does anyone know what the value is for the items i have posted for maria loran jewelry?

Given the large number of things in the collection, have you considered signing up for the free 7 day trial period of the Worthopedia so you can research these items more in depth?
    Last edited by Maggie Turnipseed; 09-10-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast