Start free trial

If Your Are Into Flea Markets...

.... then you will love this read! Click here to go to Sammy Davis' blog, which talks about fabulous flea markets across the USA! What is your favorite flea market?

... and if you need help shopping at a flea, here's some GREAT tips (from the New York Times, of all places!) on how to do so successfully! Click here to read more!

That wasn't the Sammy Davis that I was expecting. Well, I guess the older generation will get that comment. Ha! HA!
    Anyway, my favorite thrift stores are not the bigger named ones. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. Although I find great items at those places, such as the lamp in the Lamp ID help message I just posted. Bought at Goodwill for $10
    Lamp ID help, who the heck is Louis?

I prefer hole in the wall, dirty resale shops. Like the ones that when you drive by you can see junk sitting out and a T-sign with "resale shop" written in marker. These are the guys that buy storage units and estate sales. And, in my opnion, have the best items to find. Because these guys just want to sell, that is it and they rarely cherry pick or want a high price for a good items. They just want to buy more storage units and sell product.
    Don't confuse the cable TV show "Storage Wars" for the average place. Storage Wars they want high prices for good items.
    But not like that at the places I have visited.

sandfisher

@Sandfisher: I have had great luck at dives as well. Found an antique musical dog in one in North Carolina; paid no more than $30 or so for it, it values in the four digits!