Start free trial

Please help me navigate this site...

Hello-
    I am a new user and not quite sure where to begin. I registered because I wanted to try to find the value of an item. I have searched the internet, and only seem to find similar items, but none that are of the exact same nature. I believe that what I am searching is a set of figurines of the Five Lucky Gods that were attached to a carved wooden bridge. The ones I've seen on EBay appear are mainly ivory, or porceline- mine are not. Mine appear to be some sort of painted resin material. The set was in my Grandmother's house for as long as I can remember (at least 50 years). I believe that her husband brought it home with several other items from Japan at the end of the war. All of the figurines have broken off of the original wooden bridge base, but are all in good condition otherwise. I've attached photos. Can anyone tell me where to begin? Thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcom to the site! Glad you found us. I have placed below instructions on how to use the Worthopedia, our data base of auction results. You should be able to find some " Lucky Gods" in the auction results.

To Search our Worthopedia please follow the steps below:

1. Go to http://www.worthpoint.com/ and sign in with your user name and password
    2. Scroll over the "Research your Item" tab located on the brown tool bar (top of the page)
    3. Click on “Worthopedia – Price Guide"
    4. Enter your query/key words in the search box under Search Worthopedia. This will provide you with list of matching items and thumbnail photos.
    5. Click on the item you are interested. Please note: it may take a few seconds for the “Look-up Price” button to appear.
    6. To view prices click “Look-up Price” (to view prices you must have a Basic, Professional, or Power membership).

Hope tthis helps.
    Last edited by Maggie Turnipseed; 06-23-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Thank you for your reply. I had gone this route already and was unable to find anything that matched (or was of the same general material) as what I have. I was also able to find most all of the items that appeared on this search using a general search on Yahoo and EBay. I was hoping for some other way to search, or another reason to continue my membership. The community forum does seem helpful and I was grateful for a reply so quickly.. Perhaps I'm just not going to find it. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ymtina View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I had gone this route already and was unable to find anything that matched (or was of the same general material) as what I have. I was also able to find most all of the items that appeared on this search using a general search on Yahoo and EBay. I was hoping for some other way to search, or another reason to continue my membership. The community forum does seem helpful and I was grateful for a reply so quickly.. Perhaps I'm just not going to find it. Thanks again!
    I don't know what words you are using to search, but you will pull up more If you limit
    the number of words. Try Lucky Gods, and see if this helps ....... If you are using the word resin, it might
    be throwing the search off.
    I hope this helps.