Start free trial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Storage Bin Wins?

Are you interested in the contents of abandoned storage units? Their popularity with treasure hunters is on the rise! Click here to read about what two "investors" found - and didn't - in their auction win!

Husband & I recently went to one for a "go see". This kinda stuff is definately not for us. About 50 people showed up for one unit then we all had to hop in cars to go to the next place...and on...and on...

Our common sense approach flew right out the window as people bid $700 & up on units that looked like GARBAGE and only a couple hundred on things we could obviously see reselling. PLUS...husband was very miss-trusting on the auctioneer. This man holds monthly auctions at his own place for mostly low-end stuff (and that's okay...there's auctions out there for everyone) but talk about a conflict of interest! We just envisioned him doin the Ol' Cherry Pickin Dance!

We like estate auctions with companies we are comfortable with!

Liz

I wouldn't be all that interested in this type of "investment" but I am certain that some fraction of participants really hit it big.

I like the part where they have to wear gloves to go through the former owner's dirty towels and sex toys...ick!

@tinfoilhat: UGH! Gross. What do people think they'll find that makes this weirdness all pay off!?!?

More news about storage bins.... apparently this one struck gold!

Here's another story about this growing phenomenon... click here!

Surprise! Here's even more about this evolving phenomenon. (Sort of like playing the lottery, if you ask me!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast