Start free trial
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Apparently some would argue that 'Storage Wars' is the best TV show right now! What do you think? Click here to read the story....

The craze has spread as far west as Hawaii! Take a look here at some storage bin finds from the our beloved island state!

Looks like we have a winner here! Check out this story about someone who actually did hit it big in this new form of "investing!"

You Don’t Need to be a Soldier for Storage Wars You Don't Need to be a Soldier to go off to Storage Wars | The Bottom Line

Cool article. Those folks got pretty lucky with their finds and sales for sure!

If you have a store to fill up with all different kinds of items you can do well, but if you're looking for 16th century weapons and collectibles like that..you're just rolling the dice. Here in Winnipeg you're more likely to find yourself the biggest headache of all...bedbugs. Like anything, you have to do your homework...looking for civil war stuff? It's probably not in a storage locker in Alberta. I can see how these shows have hyped it up to everyone but it IS TV...I only believe a small portion of the reality shows. You have to wonder if they're salting the lockers just for ratings. I prefer to learn more about items on the shows (informative) than the characters who are just playing to a script.

I recently had a chat with an appraiser from the Antiques Roadshow and I've lost a lot of respect for those guys now if they hire and back THAT kind of professionalism. I knew there are unscrupulous people in the game but I thought that show would have better quality people working with them.

That being said, I still watch a lot of the storage wars..I actually like the Texas one better because of the characters.

This is now popular because it is on tv. Sadly the reality of this is way different than tv. Tv might be "true" in parts but the fact of the matter the tv show is highly edited and/or even staged. There are so many things about the tv shows that are not at all true.

I most cases you are paying to haul off some other persons garbage.

Also, I see nothing that prevents the storage company from cherry picking the valuables before the auction even takes place. I saw one locker with a play station box and it is empty. Makes one wonder.

Like some one else said this is just not for me. I prefer the auction that have a preview and I can actually see, feel, touch and examine what I am buying first. The lockers in my limited experience so far has been nothing but pure junk.

Also, the bids can get outrageous. Even one and his brother all of the sudden thinks they are a "big baller" with a big wad of cash. Sadly, most of the time they are over paying for garbage.

I had to pay, pay a cleaning deposit and then haul the garbage off and pay for dump fee's on top of that.

May be good for some people but certainly not for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12