Start free trial

Need help identifying this object

Can anyone Identify this? I'm not sure if it is a grinder of some sort or what. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hum - how big is it? What is it made of? It sounds from your description that something may move, can you say more about this?

It is made of wood except for the funnel type attachment which is made of metal. It is about 33" tall. The largest wheel one the top has a handle sticking out from the side for a hand to turn this wheel. This larger wheel is 9" wide with a small grove around the circumference. A very small wheel about 2" wide is set directly beneath the larger. This makes me think there was a belt attached to these two wheels. This smaller wheel when moved makes another convex 4" wheel turn. (Note: two smaller wheels located below the larger, are both 4" wide. One wheel is concave on the outer rim and the other convex and fit together making me think it was used to grind something.) It has three legs and a round seat. Looking at the size of this 'whatever' it is not going to be able to support a lot of weight. Any ideas?DSCN0465.jpgAttachment 0

I think you may have stumped us on this one. It looks to be homemade...... ...My best guess is it is some sort of spinning wheel to make cotton or wool yarn.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?.