Start free trial

What's Your Very Favorite Event For Antiques or Collectibles?

I have two that I love... first of course is the Brimfield Antique Fair, which is held three times a year in Brimfield, MA. The next one is July 12-17, it is totally awesome and in a class by itself. When I attended this show a few weeks ago, I found 12 (yes, a dozen!!) of the rare vintage treasures I collect.

My close second are the The West Palm Beach Antiques Festivals which are held at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach, FL. These are held monthly; the next few are June 3-5, July 2-3, and August 6-7. When I attended this show last February, I found 9 of the rare vintage treasures I collect.

What are your "can't miss" events?

Lynn Rosack
    mR.jpg

I live in Central Florida and my absolute favorite event is the Renningers Antiques and Collectors Extravaganzas which occur every year in January, February and November in Mt. Dora, FL. Our weather here is perfect during those months, so I take my anticipation and my rolling cart and spend the 3 day weekend outdoors searching for treasures. The November show is traditionally the most well attended of the three, being pre-Holiday. If you are in Florida during the Winter months, don't miss the Extravaganzas! You might be interested in a post from my Trivetology Blog, describing my trip to the November 2010 Renningers Mt. Dora Extravaganza.

Lynn: sounds AWESOME!!!

Lynn Rosack
    Another interesting thing about Renningers is that Mt Dora, where it's located, is a uniquely hilly area of Central Florida. The Extravaganza itself is set up outdoors, downhill from the parking area; so it's an easy walk downhill but a tough trek back up the hill lugging everything you've purchased. Most people bring wagons or thick tired carts for just that reason. At the end of a day antiquing there I always feel like I've been hiking in the mountains ... sore legs and all ... because 99% of the time we Floridians are walking on flat, level land! Visitors from out of state would probably just take it in stride.
    Last edited by Lynn Rosack; 06-06-2011 at 05:43 AM.

I will be in Florida the middle of this month. Are there any good antique shows or events coming up that you know of?

This upcoming weekend (June 11-12) is another really fantastic show if you happen to be in the New England area. Antiques at Elm Bank is a huge event held on the grounds of the Mass Horticultural Society on the Wellesley - Natick town lines. The property is simply lovely, and the dealers bring lovely, high end antiques and collectibles. Click here to learn more. A wonderful way to spend a few hours on a summer Saturday or Sunday.

I lived in New Hampshire for 25 years but never really paid much attention to "Antiques Week" which is the first week of August, because it's mostly high-end antiques shows. But this year I am planning to attend one or two shows as I am trying to learn more about antiques in general. And who knows, I might find a bargain!

Hi
    Being in Canada, in Ontario, my favourite is the Christie Antique Show held twice a year at Christie Conservation area (next to Christie Lake), & about 650 Dealers are present on the lawns next to the lake. Rain or shine in May & in Sept! This past May we had rain for many days leading up to it so it was mired in mud, but still very well attended & though cloudy it didn't actually rain on us! I find pricing reasonable to stupid there!! & usually find some obscure items to purchase. Dealers can't know everything about everything!!!! Steiff is often present but waaaaay over priced for my budget! This show has been featured on some TV Shows including CANADIAN Pickers & several decorating/renovating shows.
    Mandicrafts
    Ontario Canada