Start free trial

Question What's your most prized vinyl record album?

Let's hear it, who here collects vinyl records? If so, what's your most prized possession?

I don't actually collect records, and mostly listen to music online, but I will never part with my Saturday Night Fever Album, I bought it with my own money when I was just 10 or 11 years old. It was the first vinyl I ever purchased.

I posed this question to hubby, who is a music collector, and his most prized possession is his boxed set of the Beatles' Let It Be. But not for the records - for the book that came with them.

The Supremes Greatest Hits because my Mom would dance with me when I was little. That was 40 years ago.

My mom used to listen to the Debbie Boone album You Light Up My Life 50 times in a row. It made me crazy as a kid, but now I always smile when I hear that song.

I have alot of albums. But I wouldn't call it a collection. I just love my music.
    But nothing high dollar. But a few a little more collectable amongst fans maybe.
    Favorites:
    Signed Deep Purple album.
    Full collection of Ted Nugents Amboy Dukes albums
    Nice collection of singles (7 and 12 inch) from Blondie and Queen.

My favorite moments having to do with and because of records.

Although I didn't buy an album from her I did meet Dale Evans. You know Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.
    We have record conventions here 3-4 times a years here in Houston and she would show on occassion with memorabilia. But that's been a long time. She passed in 2001. She was a really sweet lady.

Also, a place called Texas Tapes and Records was here back in 70's and 80's. The owner was great friends with Iron Maiden. they would, on occassion, fly into Houston to hang out with him. Met a few members of the band. They were always nice and would shake hands with people at the record shop.

sandfisher

I have a box full of my Grandfathers records that I prize very much. Lots of big band...old school New Orleans Jazz...at least one red colored one. What I find ironic is that I married a man from Baton Rouge and fell in love with New Orleans AND...I started collecting Black Americana stuff a while back and some of these albums fall into that catagory too! Ya just never know where stuff is gonna come from!

Liz