Start free trial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lynn Rosack

~ Trivets and Non-Electric Irons ~

trivetsandirons.jpg

T
    rivets and Non-Electric Irons

Are you a collector of Trivets or Non-Electric Irons (such as charcoal, slug, sad or gas)?
    Are you a Picker or a Dealer with a question?
    Or are you just interested in something new to collect and learn about?
    This is the Forum for you!
    As the Worthologist specializing in these items I am available
    to answer your questions and guide you in your research.

Lynn Rosack

Trivet Worthologist
    Last edited by Lynn Rosack; 06-17-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Cool (or hot, should I say, given the nature of your expertise!) Welcome to the forums!

Hello Lynn,
    It is not a trivet, but I don't know what to really call it. I am wondering if you have ever seen anything like this.
    It is a 4" brass cobra balancing 2 brass bears. They will sway and swing around the cobra.
    Can you tell me anything about it?
    Thanks, Anne
    Cobranbears.jpg

Lynn Rosack
    Hi Anne,
    Thanks for providing this image. Your item appears to be a relatively modern brass desktop novelty item, probably from India. Search the metalware for a signature or mark that might help to further identify the manufacturer. If you find one, please post the image here.
    Regards, Lynn

Hi! I hope you may know about these...
    I have 2 identical round, 8", felt bottomed, silver over copper, "Trivets". They were my moms, they are floral- flowers with leaves in an all over 'full' design. No border, thin, hammered? They look Nouveau. Poppies maybe. I would love to see other examples of whatever these are and I want to sell them so a value range would be great. They are Gorgeous!! I cannot find anything like them. I removed the felt from the back, it's very of ratty, to look for any markings- there are none. Any info would be great! Thanks! I'll check back or do you email me direct? This is great, thank you! D

@delanagle: Hello, would you be able to provide some photos of your trivets? Thanks!

Hi, here is a picture of my 2 trivets with the felt backs removed, I hope you can see the Poppy pattern. Thanks!trivets 1.jpg

Hi! Could you still tell me about these trivets??

I've asked our expert to take a look! Stay tuned!

Hello, I have heard back and this is what our expert reports:

"They appear to be embossed/pressed sheet metal "table protectors" (possibly plated tin) and don't appear to be particularly old or rare. Removing the felt backing may have decreased the already limited value to a collector."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast