Start free trial

Rebar Chandelier

Hi,

I don't even know where to start with this thing. I have been researching items all night. Using worthipedia and worth point has been awesome...Finding things I never imagined and accurately pricing items. I am a relative babe in the field. My grandfather was an auctioneer and owned a Flea Market but until recently it was a hobby. Then a spot opened and here I am working 7 days a week in the only Flea market/ Antique Shop in Morgantown, WV. We have a great population base and due to the school some buyers are floating around....

Well now comes this item...It looks awesome...Kinda Gothic maybe...assuming it is a one of a kind "Rebar" Chandelier looks as if it was originally made for candles then converted to electricity but the wiring could easily be removed and placed back to its original state..if that is the case....So any further information on the piece would be great...I am burned out on this item but don't want to sell a super unique piece for pennies. Thanks to any response or help.

The Artist Blacksmith's Association of North America is the preeminent blacksmith organization in the world with thousands of members worldwide. My suggestion would be to check out this listing of ABANA Blacksmiths, call your local chapter and see if one of their members could take a look. They're experts in differentiating old iron from new and in recognizing style and quality. They could also tell you if this piece was mass or custom produced. (Your regional chapter in West Virginia would be the Appalachian Blacksmith Association.)
    Last edited by lrosack; 08-16-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Thank you so much!