Start free trial

Help for info on Victorinox Swiss Knife

I was at a recent auction and believe I got a lucky find...sale was on boxed lots of knives. I bought first choice of boxes and saw some "Big John" Knives and tin collector's knives with John Wayne, Elvis, etc. And along with it was a black leather case commonly seen on Victorinox Swiss Army Knives....

I got home and opened the case expecting the Swiss army knife and instead saw something different...The Knife is pictured...appears to have "Austria" , some sort of Flowers, and on the back a sticker that says "J. Engelhart's NFG" I am assuming that is the retail location the knife was purchased and a $79.00 sticker. It also says "Rostfrei" on blade.

So I am estimating the knife to be 15-30 years old on a guess. With that kind of stick I am assuming as well that this knife is worth more than a regular run of the mill Swiss Army knife....Any help would be appreciated...Thanks again folks.2012-10-28 20.49.23.jpg 2012-10-28 20.49.38.jpg 2012-10-28 20.48.47.jpg

Hello, I saw one that seems to match your description above on the Worthopedia. The one listed measures 3.5" long, is that about what you have here? This particular item sold for $15 at auction in 2010.

How did you find it? I entered a lot of different search terms and could not find it....If so thats fine there were 30 other knives in the box. I just didn't wanna list it for $200 and over price it and look like a fool or didn't want to under price it and get taken either.

Thanks