Start free trial

WW1 Era Paterson Walsh Height Finder

Can anyone help the Paterson Walsh Height Finder control box which was sold last year on ebay and detailed on the Worthpoint website, I have been researching this piece of equipment for around 8 years and missed the sale, is it possible to get details of the seller, so I can then get in touch with purchaser.
    Thank you

Brian A Tomlin

Let me see what's possible. Stay tuned!

Sorry to say, but we do not receive that information. What is posted is all the information we have.
    I like the challenge of searching for particular items for my collections. Wishing you luck with your search !

Maggie
    Thanks for taking the trouble to reply

Brian A Tomlin

The WWI era Paterson Walsh Height Finder provided an automatic record of the heights of aircraft. What's interesting is that one of these almost 100 year old control boxes would be privately owned and put up for sale on eBay UK. From reading the Worthopedia listing it appears the Seller underestimated its history & potential value. What a pity you didn't have the opportunity to obtain this instrument for your research! After reading your posts at The Great War Forum I can appreciate the challenge of this personal quest. Hopefully another Worthpoint member may know more and contact you. Good luck!
    Last edited by lrosack; 05-06-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Another thought ... I found information on eBay (United Kingdom) regarding Downloading Sales Records, so information regarding past sales remains on file. Have you contacted eBay UK Customer Support? It might be worth a shot to see if they could research this November 2012 listing by Date & Auction Title to determine the eBay ID of the Seller. If so, then you could contact the Seller to retrieve the Buyer's contact information.
    Last edited by lrosack; 05-06-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Actually, after reading through all the info at the eBay Link (prior post) it turns out transaction records are available to the Seller for the current month and the three previous months. After that four-month period records are automatically deleted from view. So (since the Paterson Walsh Height Finder eBay UK auction was over 5 months ago) there may not be any way now to track this prior sale.