Start free trial

Some VERRRY OLD dolls to identify and value

Was looking through some boxes of items that belonged to my Great Aunt Nellie (1902-1982). Among a zillion old photos and letters, she also had wrapped up several old dolls. One of them (the girl with the broken face) is clearly marked as an Armand Marseilles, but the others have no obvious markings, so I am lost. I have been trying to do my own research, and have perused many doll websites, and looked through thousands of photos in hopes of identifying where they came from and anything else I could learn about them. Some of them belonged to Nellie's mother, so I'm certain they are from the last 19th century. If any of you recognize these dolls, or could direct me to a reputable doll collector who might be able to help, please let me know. I believe that all of the clothing is original as well, and might actually be quite beautiful if cleaned/restored properly. Thanks so much....Alison P.S. I have many more photos if necessary

Hello,

A very nice grouping of dolls!

The first doll you have pictured is a German Patent Washable doll. These dolls were produced by various German doll manufacturers from 1880 - 1915. Value $85 - 110.00

The second doll pictured is a Armand Marseilles mold 370. The German doll firm of Armand Marseilles was one of the largest doll manufactures at on time. Doll is C. 1900 and can be easily be found on the secondary doll market. Due to facial damage value of $25 -50.00

The third doll pictured is a C. 1880 German doll and is probably a M & S Superior head doll. Appears to have loss of facial paint. Value $ $75 - $120.00

The fourth doll pictures appears to be a hard plastic doll C. 1950 Value $10- 20.00

The fifth doll pictured is a very desirable C. 1850 - 1860 German Glass eyed China head. These are very sought after dolls among doll collectors. I would suggest that you might want to contact a Worthologist for a more detailed valuation on her.

Wow Letha..thank you so much! That helps a lot.