Start free trial

metal printing plate

I have a metal printing plate with Maxwell House Iced Tea on it. I know it was used to print ads. I just can't seem to find any information on it. It is about 2x3. It's pretty cool ! Any sugestions.

Does sound cool. Can you post a few photos of it and give a few more details so we can help to research it?

I finally found it!

Hello, I apologize for taking so long at putting a picture up but I could not find it. Now that I did here it is. I scanned it on our scanner. The second picture I tried using a stamp pad on a paper towel to show some detail. It didn't work that well. If anyone has any questions let me know. I am anxious to know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks Lynn
    Attached Images Attached Images

hills.jpgHere's something similar I found in the Worthopedia. "Vintage Letterpress Printer Block Hills Bros Coffee Tin Search Hills Bros Coffee Printers Block. This is a nice old printers block, all metal, that is in very good condition. The size is 3/4" x 1 1/8" x 7/8". Sold for $12.48 in 2011."

Plates like this are generally used now as decorator pieces, there 's little information regarding them and the companies that used them don't really keep records regarding where or when they used them. Dating them is often just a matter of looking at the manner of dress the people in the block are depicted wearing and the type of fonts used in the advertising. Values for them vary depend on size and the product depicted, but most like this tend to sell for less than $50.00

Thank you for the information. Now I'll stop driving myself crazy trying to research it. Thanks again. Lynn