Start free trial

Question Rare Guinness Robert Porter Bulldog

I was wondering if anyone knows what a rare Guinness Advertising Bulldog made by Robert Porter for Royal Doulton would sell for, or knows of another existing anywhere. I think it was made around 1920's and has black writing on the coat saying, 'Guinness Light Ale' Robert Porter & Co. Liverpool England. There is also a matching plate. I have a few with the blue print on the coat, which were made later. Please anyone who knows anything please respond.

I have asked an expert to take a look. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by dianemurphy211@ymail.com View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows what a rare Guinness Advertising Bulldog made by Robert Porter for Royal Doulton would sell for, or knows of another existing anywhere. I think it was made around 1920's and has black writing on the coat saying, 'Guinness Light Ale' Robert Porter & Co. Liverpool England. There is also a matching plate. I have a few with the blue print on the coat, which were made later. Please anyone who knows anything please respond.
    Could you upload an image of the marking on yours? According to the information I have the design for the Bulldog itself was registered Circa 1915, but may not have been issued at that time because of World War One (1914-18).

Yes, please post photos when you can, thanks.