Start free trial

Welcome to the WorthPoint Community Forum!

We are pleased to announce that the Forum has arrived. WorthPoint now has a place where you can ask questions and get responses to your antique and collectable questions.
    Feel free to post your questions.
    LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Smile Let

This will be so much fun, let's get started!

rvt
    Can't wait should be some interesting stimulating conversations to be had for sure!

Yeah, I can't wait either. It will be great to have a forum all our own to talk shop!

Does anyone know how I can get a purse once owned by Joan Crawford appraised? I have it listed for sale here for $1500 - mostly because even new purses of this quality go for this amount - not including the appeal of someone famous once owning it! Any advices/idea/thoughts would be appreciated! - Mel

Joan Crawford purse?

Sounds like an interesting item. I think the most import part of of the value of your purse is the provenance or documentation you have showing that the purse was once owned by Joan Crawford. What type of documentation do you have that shows her ownership?

I have a receipt from the store it was purchased from stating where and when they purchased it. The store was in DC and was well-known for selling movie star memorabilia. It is now defunct.

Where does the receipt say it was purchased? Many times there are photos that show the owner holding the item.
    It can be tricky to show proof of ownership with personal items like this.

What type of purse is it? Makers name?

This was hand made for her. There is no maker's name in the purse. It's top of the line patent leather. The recent is not like a cash register receipt. I've scanned the document into my computer and will upload it. How can I revise my listing? I've not found a way to revise my ads. Thanks

To edit your Classifieds ad login to your account. Click on
    "post a classified" under the "buy & sell" tab. Once
    here click on "edit/ delete" and you can edit your
    ad.