Start free trial

Thread: Shipping costs

Shipping costs

This is my first time posting so am not familiar with the way this works; but I will give it a try. I just posted a classified ad for a Steamer Trunk but I have never shipped anything to a buyer (I use Craigs List and it is local pick-up). How do I calculate shipping costs for something like this - it's huge and very heavy. anyone can email me at Jccooley@cox.net - I'm in AZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

You may want to give a place like FedEx Kinkos a call, or maybe UPS and ask about best options. I would have the height, weight, and length at your fingertips, as well as the weight. You may want to ask for a few estimates, like sending it to LA, NY, and Miami, so you know roughly what it will cost to go to the different parts of the country from where you are. You can also see if your area has a local, smaller shipper/broker, who also may be able to help with a quote or logistics. This sounds too large to go through the regular postal system. Best of luck.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!

You might want to check with Greyhound, too.

Sheridan

Good point. If you can find a bus line to take the package, it may be a very efficient way to get a large item from point a to point b....