Start free trial

Question 3 Antique old biscuit barrels ? S,F & Co. Villiers pearl and wooden oak. Information

Hi there. I have been given 3 old ,what I think are biscuit barrels from decease family member.Would anyone know what they are worth ,age or history.or any information about them The first one is a mother of pearl looking one it has Villiers,made in England on it.The second is the one with flowers ,it has S.F & Co (crown) Royal Devon.GB .EPNS lid .The third one is wooden oak barrel or maybe ice bucket or something.I can't see anything written on it.Anything you could tell me about any of them would be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time and thoughts.Helen
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are wonderful! They are indeed biscuit barrels. Think of them as the predecessor of the cookie jar. They were popular in the late Victorian era (1890-1910). Although mainly produced in England and the U.S., I do come across some from France, Germany and Japan.
    I just had an antique show last weekend (I'm a dealer) and sold one similar to your center one for $145. The oak one is fairly common and retails for about $35-55.

Hope this helps!

Than you so much for information Helen