Start free trial

Do you happen to know what this is?

IMG_3622.jpgIMG_3621.jpgIMG_3619.jpg
    While cleaning out my Mothers house we again have come across items that we have no idea what they are. I was not sure if I should put them all in the same thread or not but thought I should do them seperately so the pictures show correctly for each of these items.

This first item we have no idea what it may be used for and wondering if anyone might have an idea of what it is and what it may have been used for. We have looked for any markings but do not see any markings anywhere on the item.

It measures approx. from the curved end on the top of the clamp to where the hook starts would be about 25" long and each of the 2 sections has the u shaped hooks on them. The clamp is adjustable and can be moved up and down the shaft so it could be used one or both shafts.
    Thanks in advance for any info you can give us as we have absolutely no idea what it is, what it could be used for or how old it may be.

I have someone on it. Stay tuned!

I'll have to give this one my best guess, I could be wrong, as it's not really antique and it's a mass produced household item of not much interest to any collectors I'm aware of. It's a sort of dryer rack, probably for silk stockings of the type worn before WW2, the other possibility is for drying homemade pasta. I'd suggest looking at the clamp that came with it, quite often they have company markings to indicate a use, like "Whiz Stocking Dryer INC." or "Bentoni Pasta Magic"

Thanks so much for the idea. We really had no clue what it could be for. We did look at the clamp and there are no markings on it at all. Thanks again