Start free trial

Turtle or?Is this some turtle shell or something else anyone know ?

I found this one day a while back and never really found one person that could tell me exctly waht it is. To me it looked like a turtle shell, Took it to a few Universities and they called it some sort of other thing. Can anyone tell from my picture?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've asked an expert to take a look. Stay tuned!

I was going to do that but was not sure since this is all new to me. Thank you

I have more pictures if need be

Does anyone think it is a turtle? I am thinking of sending it to the Natural history Museum or some place where some one can tell me something. I really would like to know exactly what it is. Any help I would appreciate it. Thanks

We'd need more information, such as what does the underside look like? is it actually shell or a fossil? It almost looks like terracotta pottery from the images. Report back with whatever you can tell us and i'll have another look at it.

turtle or potters?>

No it is not pottery I really do not think so. It looks like it looks on the top side both sides look the same. This picture is the under side of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well it's not a turtle shell, and if it's not pottery, wood, bone etc...it must be stone, If it is it must be a fossil of some sort, possibly a clutch of dinosaur eggs.