Start free trial

Thread: Can you help

Can you help

Hello: I have searched the internet high and low to see if I can find out anything about this item. On the top is a picture of a tall ship and the sides each show a different suit of cards. A heart, a shamrock etc. The inside looks like it is a cobalt blue glass. This container measures approx. 3 3/4" high and 2 1/2" wide. We found this in my Mothers home after she passed away. It is hard to figure items out as my Grandparents owned and lived in the home before my parents so items could have been theirs also. Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me. I have not seen an item like this anywhere on the internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me get an expert on it. Stay tuned!

Based on the decoration it's hard to say what its original purpose was, generally glass lined containers like this were used for condiments, jams, mustard, sugar or toothpicks and matches. From what I can see in the images it's silver plated and probably dates from the first quarter of the 20th Century.

Thanks, from the decorations on the outside it shows all the card suits so I am wondering if it has anything to do with playing cards?

Perhaps it was designed to go on a card table and hold candy or refreshments for poker night or the like.