Start free trial

Vintage "delicately painted" Angel table top figurine - China? Porcelain? Help?

This Angel is made of material I am not familiar with and do not know how to determine whether its ceramic, china or ?So Pretty and dainty, it reminds me of old black and white film stars so I am thinking it may be from or designed from that era? I don't know. Nothing is marked, labled, logo'd anywhere on this piece, which makes it more difficult to research. I am attaching pictures as well. It is about 4-5 inches tall and about 3 inches wide. Haven't seen something like this on any of the sites researched. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like bisque porcelain. Very nicely painted face so most likely German or French as opposed to a lesser quality later example from other places.

Let me see if I can find out anything else for you. Stay tuned!

Unmarked pieces like this generally had paper or foil labels that have either simply fallen off or were removed after sale. the quality of the facial features does tend to make one think they are European in origin. They would appear to predate World War Two and put me in mind of Cybis busts, but don't match any I have a record for.