Start free trial

Question M.E. Ballou & Son, Becket, MA...I came across a basket in decent shape

New to this site, so I apologize if I'm posting incorrectly. I purchased a small lot of 45rpm records during an auction this weekend, and they came in a basket. Apparently this basket is very old, and may have value to someone. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. No date, but it reads "M.E. Ballou & Son, Becket, MA."
    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG
    Last edited by Aliobaba; 04-10-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: updated photos

I only found one other online, a Ballou basket that measured 30.75" x 21.75" x 10.5" and was called a laundry basket. It appears to be in pretty good shape; it had three bids and sold for $52. I have attached a screenshot so you can see the comp. This company was based in Massachusetts and was listed in online registries dating from 1913.
    ballou comp.jpg

Thank you Rebekah! I too saw that one, but had a rough time getting history on the manufacturer. There was a big flood in Becket, MA in 1927 that apparently wiped out all industries in the town. So I know it's quite old, and quite rare too. Kinda neat to have it for now....will see what else turns up.

Did my picture of the basket post?

Yes - many thanks. Let's see if anyone else has anything to add. Cheers!