Start free trial

Post 1908 First Edition Clemson College TAPS yearbook (first year ever published) - Value

I own a 1908 "TAPS" Clemson College yearbook. Now known as Clemson University (Go Tigers!). This book is the first year ever published. First in 1908; and every year after all the way through today in 2012. It contains many figures important to Clemson. One example is - 1908 was the senior year of Mr. Littlejohn of "Littlejohn Coliseum" at Clemson University and he is in this book. The book is in excellent shape for its age, the pages look as if they were printed 10 years ago rather than well over 100 years ago. I feel this book will command a large sum to the correct buyer. I have traded very general emails with Clemson University and they do not have a copy, nor do they know of anexisting copy since so few were printed.

I'm looking to value the book, but I guess the true value is what it is worth to another... Any suggestions?
    Last edited by j369842; 04-07-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelling

I have tried everywhere on the net and can not find a thing as to value. I did find one a few years newer (1911 or 1912 I think) that sold for a few hundred. I believe the first edition will command much more, espically with the college not having one and the important people depicted in the book.

I ask that everyone please give me any ideas or thoughts you may have as to where I may find or how to go about finding the correct buyer.

I thank you all in advance for your time!

Hello, as always, something is worth what someone will pay. I found a few early versions in the Worthopedia for some general comps. A 1915 version sold for $46 in 2011. Another one from 1915 sold for around $77 in 2008. And a 1918 version sold for $127.50 in 2007.

What do others think?