In 1935, the Milwaukee Road introduced an all-new streamlined passenger train capable of both dizzying speeds and luxurious service. The railroad dubbed this fast and fantastic train the Hiawatha. Relive the days when this colorful engine shot over the Twin Cities-Chicago run like the swiftest arrow. Imagine relaxing in the Tip-Top-Tap while the world outside whizzed by at over 100 miles an hour. Two powerful Pittman® motors power the shrouded 4-6-4 locomotive. Open the hinged roofs of the finely finished cars and see the intricately detailed, lighted interiors. For additional action, this set offers TrainMaster Command Control and the RailSounds sound system.
• Hiawatha steam locomotive and tender, Tip-Top-Tap/express car, coach car, diner car and beaver tail observation car Locomotive features:
• TrainMaster Command Control equipped—able to run in Command Control Mode or in Conventional Transformer Control Mode
• RailSounds sound system with CrewTalk communication, TowerCom announcement and DynaChuff synchronized chuffing
• Operating headlight and operating marker lights
• Metal Standard Gauge couplers
• Dual high-torque Pittman® motors
• ... read more