A complete 1950 British Maundy set of four coins, denominations of 1 groat (4d), threepence (3d), halfgroat (2d) and silver penny (1d). The set comes with an old undated case. The case measures 2 and 3/8 " by 2 and 3/8 " and is maroon in colour. The coins sit on red velvet inside the box and the lid lining is a whitish satin with the words MAUNDY MONEY embossed in gold colour. The box shows very little wear. This is an unofficial box with no design or coat of arms on the lid, and it is fairly light, so it is not that old, but does match the coins nicely. The box does not have any clasp on the front to seal it, but the metal hinge does well to keep it shut. The coins are Uncirculated with an orange-brown toning that is fairly nice. A decent set.
I recommend shipping the box and coins separately as, unfortunately, a small packet cannot be registered by Canada Post. Sending as a parcel or as an Xpresspost package would be very expensive! If you do not like the box, you can buy just the coins, but t is no discount except that I could knock a couple of dollars off shipping.
Some things you should know:
- I accept and prefer PayPal only from U.S. and international buyers. For buyers in Canada, I can accept other forms of payment too.
- I will not ship anything to these countries: France, Spain, Italy, Middle East, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China.
- The cheap postage option (under $5) applies to total purchases under $200. Even if I list the start price of an item over $200, the postage option for regular mail is not available.
- PayPal users with unconfirmed addresses must choose a secure shipping option (with tracking) for all purchases.
- I reserve the right to not accept a person's bid if it is deemed that the bid was made in bad faith or for purposes other than the intended purchase and timely payment of the item. I leave positive feedback for PayPal payments made within two days of the listing close. I accept PayPal payments until 7 days after the listing close. After 7 days, I start the non-paying bidder process.
Items in the Worthopedia are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs.