Up for auction today is a 1962 Aurora Model Motoring HO Scale Slot Car Set. I'm no expert in slot cars, but I'll do my best to describe this set to you. When I found it, it was partially put together in the basement of an estate. Other loose parts, along with the original paperwork and part of the original box, were also found in the basement.
In this lot you are getting:
- 2 Aurora Slot Cars - both marked A/FX and "Made in Singapore" on the bottom. One is blue and white, one red and yellow. They appear to be complete without damage.
- 8 Pieces of Straight Track - one of them being where the controls connect. One or two may have a little white paint on the edges.
- 8 Curve Track Pieces - again, one or two may have a little paint on the edges.
- 2 Control Boxes with small Steering Wheels. I assume there is a rheostat within, and the steering wheels turn freely without damage to the plastic.
- 5 light gray plastic risers for the track.
- 4 Rubber Bumpers or Curve Guard Rails with 7 plastic holders or clips to clip bumpers to track.
- Small Brush Adjustment Wrench
- Electrical cord and junction plate - the junction plate is broken in 2 pieces, but could be glued. The plastic cord end is cracked. Did not test to see if it works.
- Baggie of track connectors and screws. Also has 3 small plastic ... read more