The plates were produced with 16-17 layers of pigments and in 18kt gold on hard fired porcelain. The firing period was limited to 195 days at the historic Vinogradoff Porcelain factory. Distributed for Tianex by the Bradford Exchange, each plate was assigned an individual Bradex number. The plates are 7 1/2" (19cm) in diameter. The reverse side is written in Russian describing the title, story and serial number. Each plate came in a custom fitted box with a parchment-material single page certificate of authenticity in Russian, a three-sheet foldout in Russian and a two-sheet foldout in English. The last document defines the subject, talks about the artists, gives a history of the legend and talks about the production facility. The handouts are specific to each plate.
The stories are taken from the book, "Russian Lacquer, Legends and Fairy Tales, Vol. 1 " by Lucy Maxym. Lucy should be credited with opening the Russian lacquer box trade to the United States. Lucy made many, many trips to Palekh, Fedoskino, Mstera, Kholui and other tiny villages in Russia during times that were not always stable. She would bring as many boxes as she could carry and then travel the roads of the US trying to place the boxes in high-end jewelry stores. It was a pleasure to see her when she would visit San Diego. Her books on lacquer boxes remain the standard of the industry still decades later. Thanks, Lucy!
The plates, in order of release, are:
1. Ruslan and Ludmilla - Bradex 60-V25-1.1 Design by Roman Leonidovich Belousov
2. The Princess and the 7 Bogartyrs - Bradex 60-V25-1.2 Design by Aleksandr Ivanovich Kovalev
3. The Golden Cockerel - Bradex 60-V25-1.3 Design by Vladimir Vleshko
4. Lukomorya - Bradex 60-V25-1.4 Design by Roman Leonidovich Belousov
5. The Fisherman and the Magic Fish - Bradex 60-V25-1.5 Design by Nikolai Pavlovich Lopatin
6. Tsar Sultan - Bradex 60V25-1.6 Design by Galina Alekseevna Zhirakova
7. The Priest and his Servant Balda - Bradex 60-V25-1.7 Design by Oleg Vladimirovich
8. The Stone Flower - Bradex 60-V25-1.8 Design by Valeryi Vasililievich Bolshakov
9. Sadko - Bradex 60-V25-1.9 Design by Evgeny A Populov
10. The Twelve Month Brothers - Bradex 60-V25-1.10 Design by Nicolai Pavlovich Lopatin
11. Silver Hoof - Bradex 60-V25-1.11 Design by Sergei Y Adeyanov
12. Morozko - Bradex 60-V25-1.12 Design by Nina P Lopatina
Originally priced At $40/each. Don't like it, Return it!............Read below for our refund policy! Good Luck! Any Questions Please Email!
Click On Banner To Go To Ebay Store P A Y M E N T
PAYPAL Only! Payment Timing: Payments must be received in seven(7) days of auction close. Unpaid auctions wins will be forfeited after ten(10) days and a Non-Payer Reports will be filed with eBay to recover the closing fees of the auction. We do make some exceptions, so contact us. We reserve the right to delete bids of bad buyers. S H I P P I N G We Pack to Protect! Check our feedback! Items will be packed in oversized box and double wrapped in microfoam and bubble wrap each! Price includeds shipping and insurance Shipping to the lower 48 states $15.00 Shipping to Hi & Alaska and Canada $35.00 Shipping Worldwide $50.00 T E R M S O F S A L E S Your Bid is a contract - Please bid only if you are serious about buying the item. If you are the winning bidder, you will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase. Request to cancel will not b...
Items in the Worthopedia are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs.