and all who love the
is, in reality and with very few exceptions, the
as promulgated by the Council of Trent
with the Psalter Cursus of Psalms promulgated by Pope St. Pius X
but without the simplifications and abridgments of 1955-1961:
ALL PATRISTIC READINGS:
* the Second Nocturn Patristic Readings on Sundays
* the ENTIRE Gospel Homily on Sundays
* the FULL Second Nocturn Sanctoral Biographies
A LITERARY TRANSLATION:
* Psalms: translated from the Latin Vulgate with Latin Titles: COVERDALE
* Scriptures: Authorized Version (King James)
* Hymns: RHYMED with Latin Titles!
* Collects: Cranmer's Book of Common Prayer or from the Latin in Cranmer's renowned "Prayer Book" style liturgical English!
ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION!
THE ANGLICAN BREVIARY
THE DIVINE OFFICE
ACCORDING TO THE GENERAL USAGES OF
THE WESTERN CHURCH
[TRIDENTINE RITE in PIUS X recension]
PUT INTO ENGLISH IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER
ENTIRELY IN ENGLISH
COMPLETE IN ONE VOLUME
beautifully bound in black leather or leattte (but if this is leattte, it is certainly the most leather-like we've seen!)
about 5" x 7" - all gilt edges
5 ribbon markers sewn right into the binding!
TEXT IN BLACK - RUBRICS IN RED
as in Traditional Liturgical Books of the Roman Rite absolute EASE on the EYES in recitation!
ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION!
UNOPENED WHEN SENT TO YOU!
Original Publication: A.D. MCMLV  Published by the Frank Gavin Liturgical Foundation, Inc.
of Mount Sinai, Long Island, New York
This edition: 1998
Take a moment to look at our scans,
which truly show you but a small portion of the beauty
- contents-wise & in terms of printing & binding
of this astonishingly complete Breviary!
* the Kalendar: prior to any modern simplifications!
* the FULL cursus of "Hours":
MATINS, LAUDS, PRIME, TERCE, SEXT, NONE, VESPERS, COMPLINE
* the Fourth Sunday of Lent Matins readings COMPLETE:
a) scripture b) patristic c) gospel homily
nothing is omitted as after 1955 and especially 1961
* October 7: shows you the SECOND NOCTURN
with its explanation of the Rosary Feast as a response of thanksgiving
for the Christian victory of the Islamic Navy at Lepanto
* Saint Thomas More & John Fisher!
An Anglican Breviary with the Roman Office of these Martyrs for the Authority of the Holy See and the Pope of Rome!
* Traditional Breviary Supplementary Prayers:
SATURDAY OFFICE OF OUR LADY
OFFICE OF THE DEAD
COMMENDATION OF A DEPARTING SOUL
GRACE AT MEALS
ITINERARY: Prayers Before & After a Journey
Prayers Before and After Mass from the Roman Missal
(and additional sources)
TRULY A "MUST HAVE" for ANY TRADITIONAL PRIEST or SEMINARIAN,
especially helpful as a "trot" if you are saying the Traditional Breviary
in Latin: is a companion to keep close-at-hand
for whenever you come across a difficult passage or unfamiliar word!
Perfect for the LAITY as well: COMPLETELY IN ENGLISH!
WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT FOR YOURSELF OR A DEAR FRIEND especially to begin using
during Eastertide and Pentecost
when the readings, hymns and antiphons
are so rich in theological and liturgical content
- not to mention the beauty of Traditional Liturgical English! -
Shipping & Handling
USA: Free Priority Insured Mailing
INTERNATIONAL: PayPal only
Priority International Mail with Insurance to permit tracking and verification
Items in the Worthopedia are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs.