C. Hart & Son's Pottery was established in 1841 by James Hart and his son Charles, who came from Fulton NY . James Hart and his son carried on the business nine years, when Charles went to Ogdensburg. In 1858 Charles returned to Sherburne NY and took the business off the hands of his father who retired. April 1, 1866, Charles admitted his son Nahum to partnership, and the business has since been conducted under the name of C. Hart & Son. So this Piece dates Post 1866 and would be a great addition to any Stoneware collection. It does have some inperfections, a 1.5 and a 1 inch chip on the inside of the crock. Also a 2 inch hairline crack that starts on the bottom and is visable on the front of the crock. It appears to be a one gallon crock that is 25.25 inches around and 8.25 inches across. Gray with molded handles.